July 23, 2011

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Papercraft: Pit

SSB Pit Bastelbogen
I don't have much information on this papercraft of the character Pit from Nintendo's Kid Icarus series of video games. What I do know is that the
template for the paper model was created by former DeviantART member Sora243 in 2008. The model may have been based on a 3D model from the Super Smash Bros. Brawl video game, although I can't say for sure. Pit is an angel from the mythical world of "Angel Land". Papercraft templates in PDF and PDO format may be downloaded here.

4 comments:

  1. This is great! I have made the 3D print in PLA filament but to have the paper version is wonderful. I can display both in my window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have printed the 3D model of Kid (Pit) Icarus and had to split the model into sections to reduce the amount of support material. But it all worked out fine. I am interested in having the paper model for two media options. I printed out the .pdfs from the rar file and started cutting out the pieces. But there a were a lot of individual pieces around the head and hair which made it difficult to see where everything fitted. Since the .rar file also contained the .pdo file. Not having encountered a .pdo file before I looked on up YouTube on how it works. Well you have to do a lot more work on the developed pieces. It seems to me that the 2D layout of Pit Icarus can be further enhanced. Joining several small pieces together and having fold instead of cutting out small pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the update. I agree with the changes you suggest for the PDO. The person who created the PDO could have done a better job.

      Delete